Work for Us
Position title: Food Tour Guide (a.k.a. food lover that likes to be in the spotlight!)
Location: Downtown Toronto, Ontario, Canada
About Savour Toronto:
Founded in 2013, Savour Toronto has grown to be one of the city’s most successful food experience start-up companies.
We focus on providing food tours, social dining experiences and culinary events for locals and visitors in the city.
We are highly passionate about what we do and pride ourselves on offering enriching culinary experiences. We are the proud winners of the 2014 Ontario Culinary Tourism Experience Award and are one of the best rated tourism operators in Toronto.
Savour Toronto is seeking a food tour guide to host our food tours and culinary experiences. This is an occasional, part-time position (less than 12 hours a week). The guide may be asked to work additional tours and/or events as necessary.
The guide will:
- Host curated food tours and culinary experiences for public, private, and corporate clients
- Organize the tour from start to finish including overseeing the guest experience by presenting the content, preparing food platters, coordinating logistics with food partners and other staff members, etc.
- Adapt the content to suit the needs of different audiences
- Research appropriate info related to food, culture and history
- Write for our blog and our social media channels (Instagram, Facebook & Twitter)
- Contribute to brainstorming ideas on a regular basis on how to enhance the guest experience
- Highly energetic, friendly, and outgoing
- Exceptional public speaking skills with a high level of confidence
- Strong knowledge of Toronto’s evolving food scene (local chefs, restaurateurs, pop-ups, micro-events and festivals, etc.)
- Experience in hospitality, tourism, food services or educational background
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills
- Must reside in Toronto all year
- Must be willing to work weekends, evenings and the occasional weekdays
Based on skills and experience of the applicant. Tour guide training will be provided. We offer a range of awesome perks like networking opportunities, exclusive access to food events and festivals, and career development.
We are seeking an outstanding guide who is passionate about Toronto’s food scene and loves to interact with people. This is a rewarding position but nonetheless challenging and requires someone who is committed to contributing to a growing start-up business. We are a young, tech-savvy, and innovative group of individuals and would like to have the right candidate join our successful team.
If this sounds like you, then send us your resume along with a cover letter. Feel free to be creative and show us your passion for this type of work!
Please answer the following questions in your application.
- Are you food obsessed? Tell us about your knowledge and experience surrounding all things related to the world of deliciousness
- Do you have public speaking experience? This job requires you to be in front of groups of people and you must exude a high level of confidence. If you’re shy, this is not the position for you.
- Do you have a blog or use social media for your food endeavors? If so, impress us with some examples of your writing or photos.
How to apply:
Please submit your application by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you! No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Savour Toronto!